Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bento for Baby 43: Strawberry Tortilla Rolls and Quinoa Cake


I combined the food for Baby Girl's morning snack and lunch into a single box again on this day.  She is, of course, free to eat whichever items she prefers for each meal, but I intended the food on the right to be for morning snack and the rest for lunch.  Morning snack is made up of strawberry tortilla rolls, or cream cheese and strawberry slices on a whole wheat tortilla, and half a banana.   For lunch I packed her a quinoa cake and a couple mini whole wheat biscuits from the freezer, along with some sugar snap peas and a mix of sunflower seeds, almond slivers and cut up dried apricots in the red silicone cup.  This lunch was well received, and most things were eaten, but I tried a few of the nuts that came home and they had a bit of a banana flavor. . .I probably shouldn't include a banana for morning snack when I pack food for the whole day into one box.

Items used to pack this bento:



No comments:

Post a Comment