Monday, September 15, 2014

Bento for Baby 42: Yogurt and Pancakes with Apple Sandwich and Spinach Cake


To start off the week Baby Girl had some old favorites for morning snack and some new-to-her foods for lunch.  Breakfast consisted of some plain whole milk Greek yogurt in the green silicone cup, a couple of Dan's Awesome Pancakes from the freezer and a huge strawberry.  I tried out a new recipe over the weekend for spinach cakes, which Baby Girl surprisingly, and thankfully, loved, so I included one for her lunch. She also had an apple sandwich with peanut butter for the first time in a bento.  When I first saw apple sandwiches on various lunch and bento sites, I thought they were just a cutesy little gimmick that seemed too fussy for me.  Apple wedges with peanut butter on top are favorite snack of mine, and I have shared them with Baby Girl since she could eat solids.  But, she often couldn't really get a good bite of apple off the large wedge, or she just ate the peanut butter off of the top, so I decided to try this apple sandwich thing last week for a snack.  Well, the flat slices turn out to be a perfect shape and size for tiny toddler hands, and she is able to get a bit of apple and and a bit of peanut butter in the one bite in this form.  So I am now fully on board with the cute little apple sandwich.  I also packed a sun butter oatmeal ball, another halved strawberry and some cubes of aged gouda to round out her lunch.  My little girl has taken after her parents and is a bit of a cheese snob, she will turn her nose up at cheddar if she knows there's some fancy cheese in the fridge.  This was packed into my favorite little two-layer tiffin box.

Supplies similar to those used in this bento:

No comments:

Post a Comment