Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bento for Baby 33: Pancakes and Feta Stuffed Flatbread


Please don't judge this bento on the quality of this photo! My camera battery was dead, so I had to take the picture with my phone. The top section of my favorite little tiffin box contains food to supplement Baby Girl's school-provided morning snack: a couple of Dan's Awesome Pancakes pulled from the freezer, one sunbutter oatmeal ball and some blueberries in the red silicone cup.  In the bottom section, I packed some Feta-Stuffed Grilled Flatbread that we made as part of dinner the night before.  This was a recipe I had seen in the New York Times the week before and had been looking forward to trying.  It's a bit time intensive for a working family weekday dinner.  My husband Dan made the dough the day before, so we we were able to get it finished for our relatively early dinner time. Unfortunately, while tasty, I'm not quite sure it was worth the effort.  With the flatbread wedges I included some fresh green beans and half a pear for Baby Girl's lunch.

Supplies similar to those used in this lunch:

No comments:

Post a Comment