Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bento for Baby 11: Banana Bread and Zucchini and Rice Crostata



For breakfast on Wednesday Baby Girl had some banana bread and cream cheese sandwiches made with my Whole Wheat No Added Sugar Banana Bread and a couple pear slices. This banana bread was frozen from a loaf I made before vacation.  I defrosted a slice overnight in the refrigerator and made the sandwich in the morning.  The bread handled freezing very nicely, the texture and flavor were not affected at all.

For lunch I packed a piece of the zucchini and rice crostata I made a few weeks ago pulled from the freezer, some organic frozen green beans, some organic cheddar cheese cubes and a few cantaloupe pieces in the red silicone cup.  This was packed in the tiny green tiffin I picked up on clearance from World Market.  I always worry that I'm packing too much food for my 15 month old, but this box came home completely empty.  That makes for one happy Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment