Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bento for Baby 8: Banana Bread and Quinoa Cake


On this day Baby Girl had some whole wheat banana bread, with no added sugar, made into sandwiches with organic cream cheese and the last of the strawberries from our CSA share for morning snack/breakfast. I made, and posted the recipe for, this banana bread earlier in the week. I've been experimenting with how little sugar and oil a tasty banana bread needs, and I think I've found a good balance. Baby Girl loves the bread and I feel good giving it to her, unlike many banana or zucchini breads which are basically cake. Since we wouldn't finish the loaf before heading out on vacation I sliced it and put about half the loaf in the freezer for future lunches or snacks.

For lunch I packed a quinoa cake, frozen peas and edamame in the silicone cup, a couple sugar snap peas from the CSA, and some pear wedges. I took the skin off the pear wedges just because the pear was a little worse for wear from poor grocery store packing.  I lightly coated the wedges in lemon juice to keep them from browning. Everything was packed into the small World Market tiffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment