Saturday, June 14, 2014

Bento for Baby 10: Pasta Tutto Giardino and Pancakes


On Tuesday last week Baby Girl had a couple of Dan's Awesome Pancakes pulled from the freezer along with a couple frozen CSA strawberries and a sun butter oatmeal ball for breakfast.  This was packed in the smallest of the Kids Konserve Nesting Trio Stainless Steel Containers with Leak-Proof Lids.  For lunch I packed some Pasta Tutto Giardino leftover from the previous night's dinner and some cantaloupe chunks and quarter of a banana.  These were packed in a 4 ounce glass canning jar so that the pasta could be warmed in the microwave at daycare.

Pasta Tutto Giardino is a favorite recipe from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home: Fast and Easy Recipes for Any Day. This dish is kind of like the 1980's darling pasta primavera, but without the cream and cheese.  It is easily adapted to use any variety of vegetables that we get from the CSA and the baby loves it.  She has been happily eating this since 6 or 7 months, when we first started Baby Led Weaning.  I cannot express how much I love this cookbook.  It is full of delicious, quick, and satisfying recipes.  I have used it weekly for almost 15 years.  My copy is so well loved that it is completely falling apart.  I have continued to use and love it as my cooking skills improved and tastes matured.  I highly recommend it.  It is mostly vegetarian, with a few fish dishes.  The recipes are child friendly and generally don't take specialty ingredients or cooking equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment