Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Bento for Baby 7: Dan's Awesome Pancakes and Avocado Tortilla Rolls


Today for breakfast Baby Girl had a couple whole wheat ricotta pancakes, some organic strawberries from Ambrose Family Farm and a quarter of an organic banana.  The pancakes were left over from a batch my husband made this weekend.  He made quite a few extra and we stuck them in the freezer for future lunches.  I am extremely lucky to have an excellent baker for a husband.  He makes fresh bread for us every week, fantastic pizza a few times a month and waffles or pancakes on the weekends.  He makes several different kinds of waffles and pancakes, and has tweaked the recipes to use as much whole wheat flour and as little sugar as possible, while still being delicious. I'll post the recipe for these particular pancakes later this week.  

For lunch I tried something new, whole wheat tortilla wraps with mashed avocado, smashed black beans and grated organic cheddar cheese.  They turned out a bit drier than I would have hoped, and I don't think Baby Girl liked them very much.  If I make wraps of this type again, I might add some sliced avocado to the middle in addition to the mashed avocado I spread on the tortilla to hold it all together.  She does love all these ingredients alone, so it might be worth another shot.  With the wraps I packed organic mixed veggies from Trader Joe's and some organic cheddar cheese cubes.  These were packed in the small and medium Kids Konserve Nesting Trio Stainless Steel Containers with Leak-Proof Lids.



No comments:

Post a Comment