Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Bento for Baby 64: Peanut Butter Banana Rolls


I tried out something new for Baby Girl's bento this day - peanut butter banana tortilla rolls.  I've seen these on various lunch idea/recipe sites, and bananas and peanut butter some of Baby Girl's favorite things, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I zapped a 100% whole wheat tortilla in the microwave for a few seconds to make it malleable, spread it with some of my favorite freshly ground no-additive peanut butter, wrapped it round a peeled banana, trimmed the ends and cut it into four equal pieces.  I'm not sure if she'll eat this for morning snack or lunch (or eat it at all!) so I packed a bunch of other filling things to round out her lunch and snack.  With the banana rolls I put some slices of purple carrot and English cucumber in the orange silicone cup.  In the bottom section of the tiffin box I gave her some chickpeas, sliced green grapes, cubes of aged gouda cheese and one sunbutter oatmeal ball.  

Supplies similar to those used in this bento:

No comments:

Post a Comment